Translate in your Language

Spring Decor

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Crispy and Crunchy





You won't believe it when I say that I still say Biscuits for Cookies every once in a while :) Yes, the term that we used since childhood (BRI english) doesn't go away easily :) Now I have a kid who corrects me instantly so I am getting better by the day :) Here in USA, biscuits are buttery fluffy bread made with buttermilk, butter and flour.

My kid is my motivation when it comes to baking cookies of any kind. He loves all sorts of cookies- crunchy, chewy, soft, brittle, shortbread- just about any kind. He can live on Oreos for all I know. So yesterday before he went to sleep he tells me, "mom will you please bake me some yummy chocolate chip cookies tomorrow?" Now who can deny that sweet little request? Right?? And as a ritual I have to save a little dough for him to taste. :)







The aroma of freshly baked cookies have a way of melting your stress and giving your brain that instant dose of happiness! House smells fantastic. I have made C C C many times before using store bought packets. But in the past couple of years have been making it at home with fresh ingredients. So here is one such crispy and crunchy recipe of chocolate chip cookies. Just realised the title of my post has 5 C's :)


Let us take a look at the recipe of Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup fine sugar
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preparation:
  • Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
  • In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. 
  • Beat in the egg and then the vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, to make a soft dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  • Either spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 3-inches apart or make a small balls of the dough and press gently to form a disc of 2-3 inches.
  • Bake the cookies until brown around the edges, about 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.


njoY!! happY bakinG!!

You may also like:




Chocolate Chip Cookies made by Scooping with a spoon

And I have a happy little camper at home enjoying these bites from chocolate chip cookies with his milk :)
Thank you for stopping by this post!

1 comment:

Recent Posts