Translate in your Language

Spring Decor

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Eggless Coconut Cookies



I am in a baking mood these past few days as my house is set up for holiday season with a Christmas tree (we celebrate it for the holiday spirit) stockings, lights, wreaths etc. Peppermint goodies, hot chocolate box stuffed and stored, only thing remaining is to get gifts and gift wraps :)

Cold wind and air is slowly creeping in, my yard is going all dry and can view naked trees all around the neighborhood. Waiting for a light snow shower to get that magical moment during holidays! (Many may not agree with me, but I am all that oh so predictable cheeeesy gal out there :))


 So my son comes up with a request of wanting freshly baked cookies for him. Now my motherly instincts instantly kicked in big time:) Had to tell my husband like 10 times, my son has asked me to bake him some cookies :) and as usual he nods his head and brushes off my enthusiasm :).  I frantically start looking for some cookie recipes.
Came across these lovely eggless coconut cookies from blend with spices blog. I had to try it and I am glad I did. Just tweaked a little. They taste awesome. Goes perfect with your hot cup of tea or coffee and yes milk for my kiddo.

Let us take a look at these eggless coconut cookies.


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and at room temperature
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tbsp milk or as needed
  • 1 & 1/2 tbsp unsweetened dessicated coconut for garnish
  • 2 tbsp crystal sugar (optional)
Yields around a dozen cookies. Double the measurements to get more...




  









Preparation:
  • In a mixing bowl, add the butter and powdered sugar and mix it until light and creamy.
  • Add the vanilla and salt and combine.
  • Now add the wheat flour, all purpose flour, and dessicated coconut to it and mix everything.
  • Then sprinkle the milk little by little over it and mix well to make smooth dough. The dough should be very soft.
  • Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
  • Divide the cookie dough into 10 -12 round balls and flatten them with your palms to give the shape of your liking.
  • Sprinkle the top of the cookies with coconut and crystal sugar and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper spacing about 1 inch apart.
  • Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for anywhere between 16-18 minutes.
  • Remove them from the oven and let them cool down for 5 minutes. Place them on a wire rack and allow them to cool.
  • They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
  • Store in an airtight container.

you may also like -



njoY!! happY bakinG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts