Chicken Wings cooked in some tangy spicy sauce can give your taste senses a great deal of joy. Pair it with a pitcher of chill beer and a good company and there! you are on your way of creating some great memories.:) This particular recipe was shared by my good friend Bhavana Kamath (her mom's recipe). Thanks to her, I have already cooked it 4 times as everyone in my house enjoys it. It has become my midweek meal, as it is super easy to make and less time consuming. So that way I can spend more time with my family outdoors :)
In my childhood, my dad used to get whole chicken from the market, there was no concept of getting just thighs, wings or breast meat. So everything was put in a curry or sukka(dry chicken curry) and I remember my sister and I used to fight for the drumsticks hehe... there used to be 4 drumsticks maybe and all of us wanted only that as kids.... Nowadays we have so many recipes at our fingertips. Thankful that different parts of the meat are so well packaged and easily available in the market. (hoping I am eating healthy organic meat as they specify on packets :))
This recipe screams Less is More :)
So here is a winner recipe, let's take a look:
- 2 onions sliced
- 12-15 chicken wings (small)
- 2-3 green chillies slit
- 1 tsp chilli powder (more if you like spicy)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 2+1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- In a nonstick pan, heat 2 tbsp oil add sliced onions and chicken wings along with chilli powder and salt and saute by mixing everything quickly.
- Let it cook till the chicken is almost done. Around 12-14 minutes. You can cook covered and keep stirring in between.
- Now add green chillies, soy sauce, pepper powder and remaining oil. Mix everything and cook till sauce thickens and wings are all coated with the sauce.
- Hot spicy chicken wings are ready to be launched in your tummy :) Serve hot with onions, celery sticks, ranch sauce etc etc and don't forget the beer :)
njoY!! happY cookinG!!
Health Benefits: Chicken is a very good source of protein and good energy booster, good for brain health, heart health, thyroid health and weight loss program. If you are looking to have good muscles, go for it! :) It also helps to reduce PMS symptoms. Very important source of vitamins and minerals, where vitamin D and B needs a mention as it provides a good eyesight, muscles and helpful in building bones and metabolism. It is said to be helpful in controlling blood pressure issues. Intake of warm chicken soup also provides relief from common cold, including symptoms like a congested nose and a sore throat.